This is what I posted back in May, for the Charlie Challenge, #ccprompt23:
We know that you are all dreamers, so this is for you…
Prompt #23: Make a list of five ACTION steps you can make towards your DREAM. Commit to taking these steps by this time next month.
1. Flexibility – Get my splits back on *both* legs and get to work on box splits! Work on back flexibility and arabesque line too
2. Go skating a few times, watch YouTube videos beforehand, and try to pick up some new steps
3. Work on persuasion skills, to see if I can go see kyran bracken’s ice party on 2nd november, to see in particular Karen and Dan skate
4. Put even more effort into ballet so that I’ll be ready for the exam by July, and work on memory skills too, so I can remember the new exercises
5. Save any money that I happen to accumulate from anywhere, so that it can be put towards buying some new summer clothes, or skating
I came across it looking through my blog aimlessly for any kind of inspiration from anything I might have posted about, and thought it’d be good to see if now, a few months later I actually put any of those ‘action steps’ into actual action, or whether it was all just talk…
1. Flexibility – I have been working on this! I can do the splits on both legs and I’m so close to being down in middle splits it’s actually incredibly frustrating.
2. Skating – I haven’t been skating in so long, since like August :’( because I have no money, and my parents don’t have any to spare either, so yeah, that’s annoying too.
3. Ice Party persuasion – well that really backfired… One of my best friends went to see the show because they went to go stay in Blackpool for a few days and managed to get tickets, I however did not. Stupid money. And distance.
4. Ballet – be ready for the exam in July? What was I thinking, there must have been a screw loose? There’s no way on earth I could’ve been ready for that exam, anyway I’ve moved up a grade nevertheless because the Grade 7 class was removed from the timetable..
5. Save money – It’s very hard to save money when I’m not getting any from anywhere.